Barchi / Moroccan Berber 308x249
- Carpet ID: 43164006049980
This rug was made by hand and therefore it can show slight deviations in its dimensions and in its shape. Such features give the carpet its very own character and are an indication that the carpet was created in elaborate and skilled manual work.
- Thickness: ap. 20 mm
- Origin: Afghanistan
knotted by hand
A hand-knotted carpet not only requires years of experience, but also a lot of time and peace. A very elaborate carpet can take over a year in the knitting. So there are not only different knotting techniques that differ across regions, but also master knickers, some of which even have a certain fame. Hand knotted rugs are extremely durable and can last for generations if cared properly.
- Knot density: 96 000 - 120 000 / m²The knot density is an indication of the effort of knotting and the experience level of the knotter. In addition, it provides an insight into how detailed individual ornaments and patterns were worked out. It can be said that a higher knot density also allows a higher and more beautiful detail level, but also requires significantly more effort and experience.
We provide a unitized image of each carpet, so you can calculate the density of knots for yourself. This transparency is very important to us because we want you to be 100% satisfied and happy with your rug. A simple way to determine the knot density per square meter is as follows:
They count the nodes across a centimeter on our image. Simply multiply this number by 100 (example: 6 knotts on a centimeter x 100 = 600 knotts per meter). If you now multiply the result by yourself (example: 600 knots x 600 knots = 360,000 knots / m2), then you have the approximate number of knots per square meter.
- Pile: 100% Wool
- Warp: 100% Wool
- Age: New
- Condition/Maintenance: PerfectIn addition to newly knotted carpets, we also offer older and antique carpets. Here, our experts personally make sure that the carpets are in a perfectly maintained and immaculate condition. For example, valuable Persian carpets have been stored for years by collectors or dealers without ever being designed for use.
- Weight: ap. 38.00 kg
- In stock:: Unique - Only 1 in stock
Free shipping and return * Delivery time: 2-5 Workdays *
*To addresses in
- Knot density: 96 000 - 120 000 / m²
All of our Oriental carpets are hand knotted. Not a single one was made in mass production. This is quality characteristic is very important to us.
If you are not satisfied with the carpet, return it to us within 31 days from the date you bought it and we will reimburse your payment.
More information you find here.
Each one of our carpets is unique and hand knotted. To testify this we hand out a certificate of authenticity for each carpet.
with certificate of authenticity
The shipping is for free. If you are not satisfied with the carpet, the return is also for free within 31 days from the day you bought it.
You will find more information here.
delivery & return
Questions regarding this carpet?
Comparable carpets & Inspiration
Highest quality100% handmade
Over three generations we produce and trade with hand-woven and hand-knotted rugs from the orient. With strong relationships to our partners, we make sure that you always get the highest quality from us. We guarantee this with a certificate of authenticity for every rug and with our name.
Since 1998, we deliver handmade oriental rugs and carpets of highest quality to you – in over 50 countries worldwide. Sitting in the historic Speicherstadt of Hamburg we benefit from a pool of strong expertise around oriental rugs. That’s exactly what we love to pass on to you when making you happy with our hand-crafted products.